Wednesday 10 August 2011

Murray knocked out of Montreal Open (Mia Shakeel Aslam)

(Mian Shakeel Aslam) -- Andy Murray won just four games as his defence of the Canadian Masters title was derailed in the second round by Kevin Anderson.

The British world number four, who was handed a bye in the opening round, was brushed aside 6-3 6-1 by his South African opponent in Montreal.

It was Murray's first game since his semifinal defeat at Wimbledon to Rafael Nadal back in July and marked a disappointing start to his U.S. Open build up.

The number four seed had his serve broken three times and slumped to defeat in just over an hour.

"I just felt very slow, the game seemed to be going so fast," he told a press conference.

"It's happened to me already once this year. I've trained really hard to get ready for the tournament. I've always played very well here.

"Today I couldn't get anything going. I started both sets really, really badly which doesn't help against someone that serves like Kevin. I was down a break early. I didn't get anything going at all.

"It's normal to be a little bit sort of nervous and not play your best when you haven't played for four or five weeks.

"But I hoped to be playing better than that, especially with the amount I've been practicing. I have to try and turn it round for next week."

Elsewhere, ninth seed Gilles Simon, from France, was beaten 7-5 6-2 by German qualifier Philipp Petzschner.

Simon's compatriot Richard Gasquet fared better against his German opponent, Florian Mayer, winning 6-3 6-2 while veteran American Michael Russell beat Spaniard Albert Montanes 7-5 6-2.

Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky knocked out Philipp Kohlschreiber, of Germany, 6-2 7-4 and Janko Tipsarevic, from Serbia beat Colombia's Alejandro Falla 7-5 6-1

 

Posted By: Mian Shakeel Aslam

 

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/MianShakeel

No comments:

Post a Comment